The New Hope Nursery ministry exists to glorify God by providing loving and competent care for little ones as their parents worship and serve.
Nursery is provided for children 3 years and under.
WHAT TO EXPECT…
- Parents can check in and drop off their children up to 15 minutes prior to the start of the worship service.
- In addition to the Child Checkin system, be sure to sign the check-in sheet in the nursery.
- Please have your child’s personal items (diaper bags, bottles, etc.) labeled to identify them as yours. We have labels in the nursery for your use.
- A limited number of pagers can be provided upon request – this allows the staff to contact you during service if needed.
- Our nursery aims to be staffed at a 3:1 staff to child ratio to ensure the children’s safety. On rare occasions, capacity may be exceeded and we may not have room for your child.
- Please bring your own diapers. We keep extra on hand for emergencies, but will use yours first.
- If you do not want your child changed by our nursery staff, please let the staff know when your child is signed in.
- Nursing mothers are welcome to nurse behind the privacy screen located in the back of the nursery.
- The nursery provides snacks. We also offer gluten-free options for those who need it. If your child has allergies or other restrictions, please plan to bring your own pre-labeled snacks. Also ensure any allergies or restrictions are listed in the Child
Checkin system, so that the staff can see this information on their Checkin tags.
LAUNDRY & TOYS…
- Toys are washed and sterilized each week. We strive for a safe and healthy environment.
- Please adhere to the Child Checkin policy and bring your corresponding tag to pick up your child. Parent and child tags are printed together with a unique number each week to ensure the children’s safety.
- Please plan to pick up your children within 5 minutes of the worship service ending.
- We ask that you do not admit babies that are running a fever, coughing or appear to be ill. If a runny nose is clear and not accompanied by other symptoms, the child may be admitted.
- If a baby becomes ill or injured while in our care, the parent/guardian listed on the Child Checkin tag will be notified immediately.
- We strive to maintain a safe and healthy environment for the children.
CHILD PROTECTION POLICIES…
- All nursery staff must apply and be approved by church leadership, following a background check.
- Two-adult rule: There must always be at least two approved adults, or one adult and one teen helper (14 years or older) on duty in the nursery.
- Only female staff change diapers or tend to bathroom needs.
- Youth helpers may only stand while holding the children if the child can walk independently.